Back when I was leveling Tazha, Travel Form (obtained at level 30) was the envy of all my peers. I would race ahead of my friends, leaving them to plod slowly along in my cheetah dust wishing level 40 would arrive so they could buy a mount…
And then in a patch not too long ago, they lowered the mount-driving age to level 30 instead of 40, and travel form became obsolete as a tool of envy-getting.
But at least level 30 was still a respectable (read: huge pain in the butt to wait for so long) level for getting your license to ride a horse/elephant/cat/mechanical bird/ram/whatever-crazy-things-Hordeys-ride ;). Now, however, Blizzard has revealed that when patch 3.2 is released, mounts and travel forms are going to get new life for the younger (lower level) set. Hooray!
- Apprentice Riding (Skill 75)
- 60% land mount speed
- Requires level 20
- Cost: 4 gold
- Mount cost: 1 gold
- Mail will be sent to players at level 20 guiding them to the riding trainer
- Journeyman Riding (Skill 150)
- 100% land mount speed
- Requires level 40
- Cost: 50 gold
- Mount cost: 10 gold
- Mail will be sent to players at level 40 guiding them back to the riding trainer
- Expert Riding (Skill 225)
- 150% flying mount speed; 60% land mount speed
- Requires level 60
- Cost: 600 gold (faction discounts now apply: Honor Hold [Alliance]; Thrallmar [Horde])
- Mount Cost: 50 gold
- Can now be learned in Honor Hold (Alliance) or Thrallmar (Horde)
- Artisan Riding (Skill 300)
- 280% flying mount speed; 100% land mount speed
- Requires level 70
- Cost: 5,000 gold (faction discounts now apply: Honor Hold or Valiance Expedition [Alliance]; Thrallmar or Warsong Offensive [Horde])
- Mount Cost: 100 gold
This means that not only are the real-life roads going to be crowded with young’uns on summer vacation- the WoW roads are going to be clogged with low-level characters who are now 60% faster. (And 16s-20s of the right classes – druids, hunters, shamans – will have their “learning permit” speeds of 30-40% faster.)
So it’s never been a better time to make yourself that sexy druid alt you’ve always wanted. Or any type of alt for that matter – no longer is leveling a grueling, mountless chore! No longer do young druids have to slog uphill to the next quest…in snow…both ways!
You may build less character with all that new traveling-ease Blizzard is just handing you, but it’ll be a heckuva lot more fun.